Linksys Velop whole-home Wi-Fi system provides 100% wifi coverage throughout your home. Linksys Velop system covers up to 6,000 square feet and provides faster and reliable internet connectivity throughout your place.
How to Setup a wired Linksys Velop Home Mesh WiFi system?
Linksys Velop can be connected through Ethernet cables. Linksys Velop wired setup will increase the range and speed of your network. It will reduce the risk of interference as well.
- The foremost thing that you must do is to set up your primary node using the Linksys app.
- Thereafter, you are required to add the additional Velop node using the instructions on Linksys Velop.
- After the completion of setup, you need to move your secondary node to a location where you want to keep it. Connect the Velop node to a nearby electrical outlet.
- Take the help of an Ethernet cable to connect the primary node with the secondary node. The node will itself switch to a wired connection.
- You can add more nodes by completing their initial setup steps on the Linksys app and thereafter setting them up to use Ethernet cables.
These were some easy steps for Linksys Velop setup. You can follow them carefully to avoid any kind of issues.
How to add node to existing Linksys Velop system?
Check the following things before completing the Linksys Velop wired setup.
- Make sure a node is connected to the modem and router without any internet connection.
- You must have an updated version of Linksys Velop app.
- Make sure you have Linksys cloud account
Now, you can follow the steps to add a node to an existing Velop system.
- Open the Velop app.
- Sign in to it by providing Linksys Velop login details.
- Go to the ‘Menu’ and click on ‘Add New Device’ option.
- Click on add node to Velop wifi.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device and click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- Plug your node into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Wait for the LED of Velop node to turn into purple.
- The app will start searching for the additional node.
- Once the node is identified, click on the ‘Next’ option to proceed.
- The app will tell you the best location to place an additional node.
- Finally, you can assign name to additional node.
- Now, you can add new node to the already existing one by using an Ethernet cable.
This concludes How to Setup a wired Linksys Velop Home Mesh WiFi system. if you face any issue, you can contact our team to get Linksys Velop troubleshooting tips. Our technicians are available round the clock to help the Linksys users. You can do a live chat or call on their toll-free number.