TP-link is a renowned router brand in the market. And the latest product that it has showcased is the How to Setup TP-link Deco mesh WiFi system. Unlike most of the routers that are out there already, Deco Mesh system is said to be the dead zone killer with its amazing internet signal range at even the remotest of your corners of the house that too with multiple devices at once.
Now, in order to fully harness the capabilities this device has got, you would need to know the setup process in detail. Where most of the routers can be set up using some default login page online, TPlink Deco Mesh WiFi system can only be set up using the Deco App.
The app is available on both the major app stores for Android as well as IPhones. Therefore the setup process has been made as simple as downloading the app, installing it and Deco will take care of the rest.
Deco has been introduced in multiple models, here we’ll be discussing the setup process in general.
Follow the steps below to setup your TP-Link Deco mesh WiFi system.
- Once you have installed the Deco App from your device’s respective app store, launch the same from the mobile app menu.
- The TP-Link deco login page will appear as soon as you open the app. Choose Log in or click on the Sign up button to start with setting up your TP-LINK ID. If you already have a tplink cloud account, you can click on the login button and proceed with the next process.
- On the next page that appears, click on Let’s begin button at the bottom. Thereafter, click on the respective Deco Model Icon as shown according to your device model number.
- Now unpack the contents from your router box. When you are sure you have everything, clikc on the NEXT
- Disconnect your modem from the power outlet and tap on the NEXT button on the next to link deco login page that appears.
- Now connect your Deco unit with that of your Modem using an Ethernet cable and power on both the devices. Accordingly, click on NEXTwhen your devices get started.
- Wait for the internet LED on your deco system to go stable. As soon as it does, click on Internet LED is stable.
- Turn on the Bluetooth feature of your smartphone and wait for the LED on your deco device to turn blue. Once it starts blinking blue, click on Deco’s LED is pulsing blue.If it doesn’t press the RESET button at the bottom of the deco unit for about one second and wait till the LED turns yellow. Wait for the LED to turn back to blue and go stable.
- Once everything is okay, your smartphone will locate the Deco device and attempt to link to it. If your Deco device fails to find the deco in this step, make sure that the Bluetooth feature is turned on and it supports the version 4.0 or higher. If still the deco device is not discoverable, use a different smartphone and repeat the above steps.
- Assign your Deco device to a specific room like bedroom, living room, or drawing room, etc.
- Now, Deco will auto detect the internet connection type which is usually assigned by your ISP. It will identify if your network has dynamic IP, PPPOE IP or static IP. If you are not sure of this information, contact your ISP for the same.
- If your ISP has VLAN settings, the same would need to be filled up manually. Once done, click on Next.
- On the next Deco tplink setup page create an SSID and password for the device network. Once done, check the connection by connecting your smartphone to the wifi network. Once done click on the Next
- The Deco WiFi system will finally auto test the internet connection to finish the setup process. You can also add more units by following the above steps and when done, simply click on I’m done for now.
The final word
The above discussed setup process can be followed to setup your TP-link Deco Mesh WiFi system easily. If you would have any questions or queries, feel free to reach out to our technical support team anytime of the day.