Google Wi-Fi mesh helps users to expand the reach of their home network without many efforts. You need to go through the Google mesh setup in order to get rid of dead spots at all the corners of your home or work place. Following the Google wifi system setup, you will get the best possible Wi-Fi signal possible.
How to set up Google wifi mesh system?
To get started with the Google mesh setup, here’s what you will need:
- Google Wi-Fi points
- Google account username and password
- Google Wi-Fi app
- Internet connection
- Ethernet cable
- Power adapter
Make sure you follow the instructions step by step in order to avoid any Google wifi setup issues.
Plug in primary wifi point
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the WAN port of the Google wifi point and connect its second end into modem.
- Plug your Google wifi point into the nearby power outlet. Once the device is powered up, the light will flash blue.
Download the Google app
- Download the Google app on your Android or iOS device.
- Open the app, review the terms and conditions.
- Sign in to your Google account.
Locate and connect to Google wifi point
- Follow the in-app instructions to connect it to the internet.
- The app will automatically begin looking for your wifi point.
- Once it finds it, you will need to scan the QR code.
Choose the location of your Wi-Fi point
- For the next step of Google wifi mesh setup, you need to select a location where your wifi point is kept.
- Once it is done, click ‘Next’
Set up Wi-Fi
- Next, you need to create a name for your Wi-Fi network. Then, click ‘next’
- Create a password for your wifi network, click ‘Create password’
- The app will take a few minutes to create your wifi network.
- Go to your phone’s settings and connect to the new Wi-Fi network.
Set up additional wifi points
- Open your Google app and begin the process of adding more wifi points.
- Select how many more units you want to add, click ‘Next’
- Plug in the next Google wifi point and click ‘next’ in the app.
- Select the room where the unit is located and click ‘Next’
- Once it is connected, you can check the connection between both the limits.
- Repeat the same process for adding the third wifi unit.
Review the network
- Once the Google mesh setup is done, you’ll see the overview of the Wi-Fi network.
- Click ‘Finish’
- And finally, you’re done. Google wifi system setup is now completed.
This guide was all about how to set up Google wifi mesh system. You can follow the instructions step by step to easily complete the setup process. However, at any point, if you encounter any Google wifi setup issues, you can quickly call our experts on their toll-free number to take their help. Our technicians will provide easy troubleshooting tips to resolve your errors.