Netgear Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 routercan be a complete WiFi solution for your home or office. This amazing and efficient device features Easy mesh and WiFi 6 technology, which is undoubtedly the best in the market so far. Netgear is also known for its super amazing connection abilities that help you find network in even the remotest and f the corners of your house.
However to harness these capabilities, you need to know the steps in which you can setup your router system. If you are looking for the same all you need to do is follow these steps to setup your Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 router modem system.
- First, unplug your modem from the power source. Also, ifit uses a battery as a power source, remove the battery.
- Now, plug in and turnit on again.
- If you had removed the batteries uses put the same back in.
- Now, using the Ethernet cable that came with your Mesh WiFi 6 router modem, connect the device to the yellow coloredinternet port of your wireless router.
- Plug the power adapter to the electrical outlet and the device as well.
- Now, open any browser on your computer system and type the web address http://www.routerlogin.net. You can also use the IP address 192.168.1.1 to go to the login page.
- Once the Netgear nighthawk WiFi 6 router login window appears, you will be asked to enter your registered username and password. To finish logging in click on the Login button. You will now be directed to the Netgear router wizard.
If you are logging in for the first time and do not have the username and password details, you can use the following combinations:
Username: admin; Password: password
Username: admin; Password: admin
Username: admin; Password: *leave the field blank and login directly*
As soon as you log in you can change the default Credentials to the new username and password as you like.
Synchronizing your Satellite with your Router modem device:
Note: The MS60 satellite that comes with your Netgear Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 router modem is preset to automatically find and sync to your router’s WiFi signal.
- Place your satellite in the same room as your satellitehas been placed for the initial setup process.
If you own more than one satellite, they can sync with each other or with your nighthawk router.
- Place the satellite devices in such a manner that they are within range of each other. Also, make sure that one of your satellites are within the range of your router.
- Now, connect your satellite to a power source.
The satellite LED pulses white. The satellite automatically finds your router’s WiFi signal and attempts to sync to your router.
The LED on the satellite willglowwith one of the following colors:
Blue: The router and satellite is synced successfully and the connection between the router and the satellite is good.
Amber: The router and satellite have failed to sync.
If the Satellite LED turns Amber, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Unplug your satellite and move it closer to the router, and plug it back in to the electrical outlet.
- Press the Sync button on the rear face of the router.
- Now, within two minutes, press the Sync button on the rear end of your satellite as well.
The satellite will try to connect with the router device. This will connect the devices and the LED will finally turn blue.
Now to add some additional satellites, you can repeat the first three steps.
After this Netgear Nighthawk WIFI 6 Router Modem setup process is complete, you can keepthe satellite devicesat new locations.