If you have a large home or workplace then you can upgrade your existing network by installing Asus router AiMesh network. The feature called AiMesh offered by Asus router can be used to extend the wireless coverage of your home. The Asus AiMesh wifi network allows you to enjoy a seamless, stable and secure wireless connection from anywhere. It is a feature that connects multiple Asus router to create a whole home wifi network. If you are looking for help for the Asus router mesh network setup, you can go through the steps in this blog.
How to setup Asus mesh router?
If you want to go for Asus router AiMesh setup, you need more than one router. One router can be your master router and others can be slave routers. In order to successfully setup Asus Aimesh network, your wireless router should be running on the stock firmware. Aimesh feature will not work on Asus Merlin firmware.
Another thing that you should keep in mind is that your router should be running on the latest firmware. If your Asus router firmware is outdated, you will not be able to create an AiMesh network. Now, you can follow the below-given steps for Asus router mesh network setup
- You need to perform the Asus router login by using its default web address which is www.router.asus.com.
- On the web GUI of the Asus router, you need to click on the AiMesh node button which is under the AiMesh panel.
- Now, you will be redirected to the WPS feature panel in your web GUI, you can turn on the WPS button.
- The master router will identify the possible slave node and will show the available slave node in the AiMesh panel.
- Now, you can establish the connection from your master router to slave router wirelessly. This will take a minute or two.
- Once the establishment between your master router and slave router is done successfully, the web GUI will show a pop-up message indicating that the process is completed.
- You can check the slave node in the AiMesh panel. You can add more slave nodes in your network if you want. The maximum numbers of nodes that can be added are 5.
How to remove the slave node from the master router?
To remove the slave node from the master router, you need to follow the steps which are given below:
- You need to click on the delete button on the top right of the slave node’s signal indicator.
- A pop-up message will appear on your screen indicating the slave node has been successfully removed.
- Finally, click on the ‘Save’ button.
This was all about Asus router mesh network setup, if you need more details on this topic you can simply get connected with our technical team by calling us on our toll-free number or by doing a live chat with us.