What is Mesh Wifi System and how it helps?
Mesh WIFI system is basically consist one router and other nodes. The main router node is connected to modem and other combining nodes are placed at different parts of the same home. These nodes then connect to the router and then the whole system is able to cover whole home. So this is basically for better WIFI coverage. They share same password and SSIDs. So, you can install or setup main router and then this main router supply internet to other nodes which are capable of providing internet to your devices. So whole idea is more WIFI coverage and providing internet in a vast area.
Here, we will be discussing technical things related to some of the main mesh routers. Like their setup, installation and troubleshooting. So, let’s start without wasting time.
Netgear Mesh Router Setup
- Unplug the modem and remove the battery if it has one.
- Plug it back again to start and supply power to modem.
- Take Ethernet cable that comes with your router and plug it in the modem. Connect both modem and router with that Ethernet cable.
- Connect adapter to the router as well and turn it on.
To connect satellite with the router, follow these steps:
- Place the satellite in the same room as the router. If you have more than one satellite than place them all together. Note: you can change the position after the setup.
- Supply power and wait for the power LED to turn blue.
- If the light goes to amber then you need to place the satellite a bit closer to the router. Try again.
- Press sync button on router. You will find it at the back of the router.
- After 2 minutes press the sync button on satellite.
- Wait for them to connect. Repeat same thing if you have more than one satellite to connect to the router.
Linksys Mesh Router Setup or Linksys Velop Setup
- Download the Linksys app. Install the app on your phone and open the app.
- Click launch setup you see at the bottom of the app.
- The device will then ask you to share the location of router. Select yes and given access to share location.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. If you want to go through all the instructions given then do read them and then agree.
- Select type of router you are setting up.
- Select type of setup. If you modem select that otherwise select gateway means combination of both.
- Plug in the main node that is velop. And then plug in another node.
- Connect velop node to the modem and select it is connected option.
- Your phone will start making connection to the router and setup internet for you.
- When the LED on velop turn purple, select next.
- Create an account by details such as email id and create a password as well.
- Log into the account by entering same email address and password.
- Select username and password for node through that you can connect to that node. At the end, create a name for the velop node.
- Your node is setup. Then you can add nodes in the same way if you have more. Select next.
- You will see dashboard of Linksys velop system. It is ready. If you need any help then get in touch with us.
Google Mesh Router Setup
To setup google router follow these steps:
- Unbox the google mesh router. Take out the two cables. Connect power cord first. One end to the router and other to the power outlet. Take out Ethernet cable. Connect one end to the modem and other to the router.
- Download the google wifi app on your phone. It is supported by both apple and iOS.
- Install the app on phone and click on sign in. if you have google account then enter the details of that account. Otherwise first create a gmail account.
- Click on get started link.
- It will search for the Google wifi and after finding it, will ask you to scan the code. So, you can scan using camera of your mobile or you can type the code manually.
- Select the location where wifi is located. Enter wifi name and click next.
- Create a password that anyone has to enter before they can access the network.
- Click finish. It will take few minutes to complete the process.
- Now, you can join to google wifi network and enjoy internet.
TPLink Mesh Router Setup: Deco setup
- This can only be done through deco app. So, download deco app on your phone.
- Install the app and open it. Create an account to sign in or if you have one then log in.
- Click let’s begin icon and select model number of deco you have.
- Unbox the deco and check that you have everything. Click next.
- Take out adapter cable of modem and switch it off and continue.
- Connect modem and Deco using Ethernet cable and turn on power for both. Click next.
- Wait for internet light to get stable and click next.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and wait for LED on deco to blink
- Your phone will start finding for the Deco node.
- Select a location for Deco. It will then find the type of internet connection you have.
- Create a wifi name and password. Now, you can connect to the network using this name and password.
- Select done for now or add new deco nodes if you have multiple.
Asus AImesh Router Setup
To setup Asus Aimesh, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have following things before starting the setup process. Two Asus router which support AiMesh. One can act as router node and other node.
- Place the router node and other node close together.
- Download any firmware if available. Plug in router. Connect a computer to the router when it is ready.
- Open a web browser from that device connected to router using Ethernet cable.
- We are performing here GUI setup. Type router.asus.com in the address bar of the browser.
- Enter administration and firmware upgrade section.
- Reset the AiMEsh node. Press the reset button for 5 seconds.
- Unplug the modem and plug it back again. Connect router to the modem.
- Go to web GUI again and search for the node. When it searches for node, click on add this node to AiMesh system. This way node gets added to network.
- After the setup, you can place router and node at different location.
- The setup is done.
If you need further information or assistance on any of the above setup then get in touch with us. We are here to solve your queries. Our team is trained enough to solve any technical issue related to any of the router available in the market.